[Hexrad_announce] A new field instrumentation radio enclosure project

John Griessen john at ecosensory.com
Tue Feb 9 19:41:30 PST 2016

Hello,

The campaign for an empty enclosure failed, but I've been busy seeing how people promote things well on kickstarter.com and at
events like the foodandcity.org event in Austin last Saturday, and will relaunch a more complete proposal for buyers to consider.

The next system I offer may not even be hexagonal.

It will have an actual radio/computer in it instead of asking buyers to bring their own.

It will do something by default instead of being "just some parts a techie could use".
The something will probably be temperature sensing, which can substitute with "data from any analog sensor of your choosing".

The short version is micropython + wifi + app-on-remote-server-that-lets-you-see-data-on-web-page.  All is open source so the
remote-server can be yours --> All our codes R belong to U...

Later on, I'll add security to it and longer range radios and solar powered, and cameras, and...

Back to plastic molding details, parts buying, etc...

John Griessen
Systems engineer, and now plastics too.