[Africa_indonesia_diy_electronics] [DIYbio] I think there is a big potential for the DIY microscope

John Griessen john at industromatic.com
Wed Aug 6 13:10:45 UTC 2014

On 08/06/2014 05:37 AM, Marc Dusseiller wrote:
> as much as i have learned from my discussions with doctors and techies in africa/indonesia... low-cost means no-cost otherwise
> they cannot afford it.

Hmm...I can integrate for cost reductions, and I'm working toward local manufacturing methods
with no need for international buys, but know of no way to get to no-cost.  The local manufacturing methods
I'm working on are not no-cost either -- low cost robots...

With kickstarter and indiegogo there must be some middle ground...

I am encouraged by my first crowd product paying for itself while being cheaply priced.  I
did it while busy on a long construction project.  It is just an extender cable kit for
repairing old Tektronix oscilloscopes, but it proves that small projects will work
that are low cost.  Even that was priced at $30 including shipping for the first batch.

I started a mailman list to document and corral this conversation if it goes anywhere.

John Griessen.