[Open_electroporator] Introduction

Meredith L. Patterson clonearmy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 07:30:44 UTC 2014

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 4:00 AM, NeonJohn <jgd at neon-john.com> wrote:

> We looked at getting agency approval for our Roy induction heater.  $10k
> from ETL and $15k from UL just to set up the test and write the test
> procedure.
>
> Product liability was a similar sticker shock.  So I use the best
> available safety techniques and we go without.  One of the many risks an
> entrepreneur takes.

I forget whether TQ (my fiance / business partner) is on this list or not
-- I think I asked John to add him, he's also an EE -- but I'm willing to
put some of Upstanding Hackers' money toward agency approval if that turns
out to be worthwhile, and he probably is too. That's a long way down the
road, of course, but it's part of why we have the company.

--mlp