[Open_electroporator] G30th F401 board makes precise non-jittery pulses today

John Griessen john at cibolo.com
Thu Aug 18 01:25:40 UTC 2016

On 08/17/2016 03:50 PM, Nathan McCorkle wrote:
> Glad to see the progress!
>
> I seem to recall you had wound your own transformer or mashed up some
> components, but then found you needed the pulse sequencer control and
> that halted progress with the yardboard.
>
> Any updates on that?
>
> If you need help with git, let me know,

I'm silent since then because things are not super easy.  I saw 1200 volts out
of my half home wound transformer -- I rewound the primary with the smaller number of turns = 22 each on two.

Then I wrote a program that can put out those alternating square pulses in low volts, but has problems,
needs more debugging.  Then I hooked up level shifter NPN, PNP, NFET driver and first had
some flat wrong wiring this morning.  Then after fixing the mistake, I see DC through my transformer,
and, (of course), not much output.  Then I go to rework the program for pulsing and it acts strangely - -
won't allow changes to timer period to be long  between and  still work!

Debugging the pulser program so I can not heat up transistors or transformer core, (which did happen this AM),
before going ahead.  It's all going a little slower than 2X slower than estimated...  But, I'll get this DC current problem
figured out soon, and then the previous seeing 1200V could mean getting a transformer that I can
build 3 of easily, and send another to China to be replicated, and much much smaller and cheaper than a
automotive spark coil.