[Open_electroporator] culture shock yardboard with ST Nucleo-F401RE howto

John Griessen john at cibolo.com
Fri Jul 1 03:37:39 UTC 2016

On 06/30/2016 06:18 PM, Nathan McCorkle wrote:
> Can you post the
> hex file that finally got flashed?

OK.  I did it on a laptop.  No email reader on the laptop...

You don't want to use the .hex file in ascii, use the .bin files.
then use rshell to copy the .bin file to the /flash location of the USB port
(read the docs for rshell) and once that file is in place reboot.  I have not done that
yet, so there may be some details....

The write up sent before *IS* all tested on a nucleo-F401RE version  mb1136 c-03

What I flashed is not a program.  It does not do anything -- just bare micropython as compiled from version 1.8.1.

It might be easier to just do all the setup to be able to use the toolchain,
then
make BOARD=NUCLEO_F401RE
make BOARD=NUCLEO_F401RE deploy-stlink

Once you get to that point, red how to use rshell by Dave Hylands
to write files on the micropythion filesystem.  See    https://github.com/dhylands/rshell

I've not figured it all out yet. I can rshell to the pyboard I have, but not the nucleo yet.

JG