[Open_electroporator] Culture Shock yardboard testing

Nathan McCorkle nmz787 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 16:51:20 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 6:19 AM, John Griessen <john at industromatic.com> wrote:
>> I am excited to see pulses being composed of PWM too, once you get an MCU
>> connected to the transistor, for trying to reduce
>> high-side voltage. Can you recommend a code compatible MCU I can buy to
>> program pulse generation stuff here on my end (I know it's
>> micropython but better to be as close to your setup, and those ST boards
>> are often only $13, right)? I can look into the hardware
>> timers that connect (via internal muxes) to GPIO for PWM... unless you've
>> got that covered (I have plenty to do here otherwise as
>> far as projects go).
>

> Will that matter so much for just a 2 week delay?

I don't need/want a board/gizmo in 2 weeks, I probably wouldn't use it
for 2 months or more to be honest. I just want to help at all if I
can, so you can focus on electrical and electronics as much as
possible. Writing some code to turn PWM on and off, set PWM duty
cycle, set how long the PWM would be on for, etc... could easily burn
up a day of your time.

>  I'll get a rev 1.0 board
> ready that soon possibly.

1.0 seems like a product-level... are we sure we don't want to call
something in a week or two, version 0.2.0 ? I know this is geared
toward software, but the principals translate alright:
http://semver.org/

--
-Nathan