[Open_electroporator] Culture Shock yardboard testing

John Griessen john at industromatic.com
Sat Jun 25 01:41:29 UTC 2016

I had thought I would be able to "just use some test equipment" to make
push and pull pulses to drive a push-pull converter rig up on the yardboard,
but I don't have any old school 555 timers handy, and my pulse generators don't have
enough features built in to do that without creating logic inverters and flip flops,
(which is what a 555 timer is).  So, the immediate idea
that comes up when you ask, "What to do?", is just start using a micro running micropython
and code those non-overlapping pulses just like the final product will need...

So now I dive into that in order to get transformer tests going that use push pull.

The sketched schematics attached show the differences in circuitry without the non-overlapping part.
Not a big deal, and will easily fit on the yardboard with some extra 20 gauge copper wiring -- no
need to etch another board.  Then the non-overlapping pulses part will be a nucleo-F401RE on a
plugboard with rows of 0.1 inch holes.

Once I have a transformer test, and Sunday at the latest, I will ask for quotes and design review from
Ningbo Eilux.  then as samples are made in China, I will get busy making a pcb layout for an STMF401
and a STMF030 microcontrollered switching power supply.
The chips drop into similar but not exactly same footprints, so two versions if time is available.

Want me to order you a nucleo-F401RE Nathan?

John