[Open_electroporator] list is back with slight name change

William Beeson beesonwt at gmail.com
Fri May 27 03:48:32 UTC 2016

All,

Today I spoke on the phone with Andrew Papp of Tritech Research.  He is the
inventor of the bactozapper cloning gun.  I think he invented it back in
1993 and his company builds them in house.  He was very nice and
knowledgeable about every aspect of how it was built.   I told him how
there was a DIY community that would probably be interested in these
devices if they could be sold at a lower price or marketed to them more
specifically.  His company isn't very big on marketing, but this is
currently the cheapest type of electroporator and actually appears to be
better than cuvettes from an ease of use perspective. I think the patent
has expired (https://patents.google.com/patent/US5422272A/en).
Unfortunately they are sold out of the bactozapper and he said it may take
as long as a month for them to build another batch.  I am pretty sure I'm
going to place an order for the adjustable voltage version of the
bactozapper.

-Will

http://www.tritechresearch.com/aboutus.html