[Open_electroporator] low cost bacterial non-salty electroporation zappers

John Griessen john at industromatic.com
Fri May 27 19:17:46 UTC 2016

On 05/27/2016 01:21 PM, William Beeson wrote:
> The concept is to make a device that is compatible with the pipectrodes that tritech sells, but at a cost of $250?

No, selling price.  Costs to produce would be electronics $22, electronics assembly $10, plastics $15, final assembly $35
testing $20 shipping/kitting $15  profit $133.

The kit version selling at $95 would be electronics $22, electronics assembly $10, plastics $15, testing $20 shipping/kitting $15,
profit   $13.  (Well maybe some early birds at that price, then $125 kits.)

On 05/27/2016 01:23 PM, William Beeson wrote:
 > He indicated they were building a lot of microscopes and incubators. I was pretty frustrated that there was no way to buy a
 > bactozapper. He actually suggested trying to find one on eBay.

Sounds like they must be piddly for him and his employees.  He's right about ebay, I saw a $450 price for one.
Fastest way.

quick-result, low-price, high-quality: pick any two...

Are you interested in buying copy two of my first kludge version of electroporator?  Using his pipectrodes
for experimenting should be easy after talking with him, just ask to buy some, (which are labeled in stock on his site).

If you think he is not agreeable to selling them without his machines, maybe just lie that you found one to buy second hand and
need some.  50 could be years of use if you wash them.

Searching for them planetwide, you find Young-ho, Lee (Biomaterials Pacific Co., Ltd.)  I've asked what they sell for...
Maybe it is expired patent and available from the asian factory direct now...

Biomaterials Pacific Co., Ltd.
#402 Sundo B/D, 96 Yanjae-dong Seocho-gu, Seoul Korea
     Products/Services:cloning gun, pipectrode, palm system, molecular biology, immunology

     Business Type:Manufacturer

     Year Established:1999

     Employees Total:101 - 500

Maybe no need to lie.  They list cloning gun and pipectrode as products....  Hmmm....

John

=========================Tritech Research Inc 2961 Veteran Ave Los Angeles============================
Revenue:  	$1 mil. - $5 mil.
	$2,400,000
Employees: 10 - 20
Industry:  Biotechnology , Pharmaceuticals , Healthcare
Company Description: Tritech Research was started by Andrew Papp, Ph.D. (Harvard University, 1989) a molecular biologist
frustrated with over-priced, often poorly designed research equipment that can make bench science tedious and unnecessarily time
consuming. All the products we offer are designed to promote research. Some items do this by saving time so researchers can get
more done, while others save them money. Each product we offer has been designed and tested under laboratory conditions with
utility, convenience, quality and economy in mind. When customers call to place an order or for customer service, their questions
are answered by a skilled research biologist who can explain all the features (and any limitations) of our products. We gladly
recommend solutions even if they involve products from other companies. We are open to, and appreciate, suggestions on how we can
improve our products or service, as well as to new product ideas. We can even design custom equipment for unique research needs at
reasonable prices. Click HERE to learn more about our Custom Engineering Solutions.