[Open_electroporator] low cost bacterial non-salty electroporation zappers

Keoni Gandall koeng101 at gmail.com
Sat May 28 14:25:12 UTC 2016

Thank you! I'd love to test it. Also I meant a summer job, although I think I would be happier if I started trying to sell some of my DNA designs.

William, if you want a quick commercial electroporator, I got an invitrogen "the electroporator" (1st version). I had bid on it while I was making offers on the gene pusler, and I guess they aren't in high demand because I got it for real cheap. It also doesn't have a power supply, and I don't really know what it takes. John or Nathan might be able to figure that out. Upon inspection, it looks perfectly fine. I'd be happy to send it to you if you'd like a quick commercial one.

Nathan, I have a few questions on that quick n dirty electrocomp cells. Did you cool them at any point? There's no mention of it on the forum page. Do you have any information on exact efficiency? I'm interested because I'm looking into some DIY complex cloning (4< parts), which electroporation would work well for.

-Keoni

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone