[Open_electroporator] low cost bacterial non-salty electroporation zappers

Nathan McCorkle nmz787 at gmail.com
Sun May 29 19:05:43 UTC 2016

On Sun, May 29, 2016 at 11:52 AM, Keoni Gandall <koeng101 at gmail.com> wrote:
> (Also rechecked Nathan, earlier message you said you didn't cool them.
> Sorry, was checking on phone and must have overlooked)

Yeah it was straight from a shaker culture as I recall, with room temp
water for rinsing and resuspending the cells. I do see now that I used
SOC broth as recovery medium... which has some more additions relative
to LB broth.

seems like a good couple responses to the question of what is SOC
broth, and why is it 'better' for transformation recovery:
http://biology.stackexchange.com/a/1570

Looking at that old DIYBIO post... I can't understand some things,
like the line """transfer solution to electroporation cuvette (if you
need it)"""
I am not sure why I included 'if you need it'... seems like you'd need
to do that if you want to electroporate! Not sure why you would do
what I was saying if you goal wasn't to electroporate!!!  Otherwise
what I wrote there seems to make sense according to the memory of the
experiment!