[Open_electroporator] crude electroporator testing

John Griessen john at industromatic.com
Mon May 2 14:33:42 UTC 2016

On 05/02/2016 08:49 AM, William Beeson wrote:
> I think Bulldogbio has the best priced traditional electroporation cuvettes. The pipette tip electrodes are cheap also from tritech.

Are the tritech tips generic for other pipettors than the MammoZapper®?

From:   http://www.tritechresearch.com/CG-2.html

" The MammoZapper® version of The Cloning Gun® uses a unique non-ionic, minimally-conductive, near isotonic electroporation medium
and ultra-short pulse time increases both transfection efficiency and post-zap viability. "

When they say minimally conductive, that is good for achieving a low cost system.  The more conductive, the more current and power
for any kind of zapper.  The other parameters we can change without harming performance is size of the sample and shape of the
volume and where electrodes are.  I'd like to see one of their pipectrodes -- know where to get one?

" A 0.9% solution of NaCl (saline) is isotonic to animal cells." is what isotonic usually means, but to me, and animal cells are
the target applicaiton of the MammoZapper® that is more
than minimally conductive...  More market research to do there...