[Open_electroporator] Electroporation Cuvettes

Nathan McCorkle nmz787 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 16:28:06 UTC 2017

Got mine a few days ago :) Thanks.

Here's an interesting paper that uses a square-sinusoid or zig-zagged
microfluidic channel, with sections going back and forth between two
electrodes... this enables a short electroporation pathlength (lower
voltage needed) and also the cells rotate a bit with each turn, enabling
more surface area to be used for poration, leading to higher efficiency
(they also wanted to be able to continuously pump new cells through the
electroporation field, to transform large quantities in clinical settings):

Continuous-flow multi-pulse electroporation at low DC voltages by
microfluidic flipping of the voltage space topology
http://aip.scitation.org/doi/abs/10.1063/1.4963316?journalCode=apl