[Open_electroporator] ADC measuring, input range, VREF+/VDDA, current sensing after voltage sensing

John Griessen john at cibolo.com
Thu Dec 28 03:54:52 UTC 2017

On 12/27/2017 09:45 PM, John Griessen wrote:
> I think I will leave it as is:  3.1V for VREF+/VDDA.

As long as the ADC is set to 12 bits, or 4096 resolution steps, the smallest step with VREF+ = 3.1V =
3.1/4096 = .00076.     The normal measured volts at 30k Ohms load will be .08, so that is ~ 100X smaller, or 1% step size,
so not bad for getting a waveshape for current.

I'll look for a ADC mode where channels are triggered in sequence starting after an event from a timer.
Then a timer can create an event that is just for ADC firing in a sweet spot relative to a pulse start edge.
Then the next ADC channel fires as fast as possible after that.

That's not know to be possible, but I'm guessing it will be.