[Open_electroporator] kvboard and adapter board to use G30TH MCU module sent to fab

John Griessen john at cibolo.com
Fri Feb 17 16:55:59 UTC 2017

On 02/16/2017 10:39 AM, John Griessen wrote:
> More later today about what's next.
>
> Who's OK with a bare board and knowing it will get a replacement
> with safety cover soonish?

Wow, it got to be tomorrow already!  I'm ordering a plastic solder paste stencil
for board assembly help today, and printing an actual size outline of the boards
to figure housing details with.

I'll hack a grey box to hold Culture shock guts and keep fingers out of harm's way.
The rev 0.1 boxes may not be pretty...
I'll turn on the G30TH modules, load up micropython into the MCUs.

A $110 barebones from 4pcb.com will ship today and may be here by Tuesday.
30 China boards for $50 will be done Saturday/Sunday, and start moving DHL,
Sunday and may be here Tuesday/Wednesday.  I'll just be using paper cutouts of the boards to work
on housings before they arrive, so when they do, I solder with magnifier lenses on, and
an iron, and maybe even a little hot air reflowing.  Then I'll pop them in the mail to
you all -- possibly on my target of the 22nd, Wed.

--
John Griessen
cibolo.com  Austin TX  building lab gear for biologists