[Open_electroporator] kvboard and adapter board to use G30TH MCU module shipped from fab

John Griessen john at cibolo.com
Mon Feb 20 18:16:18 UTC 2017

The luck of choosing to do some things or other made it late in the day last Thursday that I got ready to send data to
the fabs for boards to be made.  The way pricing is, I chose UPS 2nd day air for the USA fab, 4pcb.com,
and the usual DHL express from China.  From the USA fab, UPS 2nd day air cost $10 more than DHL express...even though
it is delivering teh 2nd day after you submit a parcel.

So, guess what?

"The China boards are arriving first!", you say?  Right.

Tomorrow.

http://www.dhl.com/content/g0/en/express/tracking.shtml?AWB=1376233132&brand=DHL

The bare bones from a USA fab was a miscalculation.  In the future,
if I need more certainty of delivery,  I'll just order from 2 different
discount prototyping chinese fabs at once.  pcbway.com was the automated checkout
type of fab I bought from this time.  myropcb.com can be good for such also,
and for this set of boards, might cost only $20 more.  seeedstudio.com is probably good also.

So, the only reason left to deal with USA is trade secrecy.  If wars start up and China trade shuts off,
it will be very painful for product development.