[Open_electroporator] kvboard and adapter board to use G30TH MCU module sent to fab

Nathan McCorkle nmz787 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 02:55:37 UTC 2017

Does this list work with attachments?
Here is a commercial cuvette holder that I have, but which is missing a
piece (to shove the cuvette inside the protective tunnel) (both images also
attached):
http <http://m.imgur.com/a/Cj1D8>:// <http://m.imgur.com/a/Cj1D8>m.imgur.com
<http://m.imgur.com/a/Cj1D8>/a/Cj1D8 <http://m.imgur.com/a/Cj1D8>

But since it is not complete, it seems like I would prefer what you've
already rigged up, and fallback on making a holder-on-a-stick if I need.

I ordered, with Bryan's help, a bunch of biolab supplies so I can test the
whole range of things. You'll have to point me to the voltage adjustment
knobs in the (Python, right?) code, as well as any ADC code you might have.
On 02/17/2017 02:57 PM, Nathan McCorkle wrote:

> I however
> do remember the voltage divider and ADC connection, so if that is
> setup/laid-out, then maybe I should invest my time into getting the
> software to work rather than hooking up the o-scope's ADC in parallel.

I've made a connection to an ADC GPIO pin for that purpose,
so figuring out what it can see
would be very helpful in moving this machine along towards
being a useful tool.  The capacitance of the output is driving
the resistor divider chain, but as it goes along down in volts
the resistors are all the same value.  The capacitance to the ground plane
underneath
may limit speed of measuring...  That may need some different values chosen
later.

> Let me know how I can help, if you think its ready for a simple bio
> test... that shouldn't be too hard, and I wouldn't mind spending a
> weekend with wetware. I'd probably spend more time organizing my house
> and finding all my gadgets than actual bio testing. My bio equipment
> is just sitting idle otherwise, so I might as well try to derive some
> value from it.

Shoot, I'd love to get real electroporator transformation proven, but
I don't know if its ready yet.  We'll know more before I ship though.

It may over zap everything dead until we get a pulse train program that
lowers the volts some!