[Open_electroporator] v 0.1 will ship soon

John Griessen john at cibolo.com
Sat Feb 25 02:28:16 UTC 2017

On 02/24/2017 07:55 PM, Nathan McCorkle wrote:
> The spacing I'm talking about is internal to the cuvette, plate  (inner sides of the contacts).
>
> With a 1 mm cuvette, the current 2000V is high enough, I'd probably start there and lower it. I think I have more 1 mm cuvettes
> than 2 mm... and I think the latter are usually used for larger cells like mammalian.

Yes, I get that, and the outside matters too.  What outside dim. are the 1mm cuvettes?

Here's a scope photo at 1ms/div.  (the last one was at 0.5ms/div time -- my mistake earlier)

The photo is just like I envisioned, (and sketched), this -- a rough DAC for HV.

when used on non-salty suspensions, it might be good to have a resistor that can be switched in
fast by some way that does not blow up transistors so as to cut the volts off faster than the RC decay you see in the photo,

--
John Griessen
cibolo.com  Austin TX  building lab gear for biologists