[Open_electroporator] v 0.1 will ship soon

John Griessen john at cibolo.com
Sat Feb 25 21:33:15 UTC 2017

On 02/25/2017 02:22 PM, Kermit Henson wrote:
> Usually, I use this
> http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTAwNFgxMDA0/z/MvYAAOSw7XZXhoS8/$_57.JPG
> <http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTAwNFgxMDA0/z/MvYAAOSw7XZXhoS8/$_57.JPG>
>
> Think I will need to mod something... hehe

I did not find any 20V supplies with that generic IEC connector like you already have.

The power supply will accept 230V, just needs a connector cable mod.
Franken-cable for culture shock.

In the future I plan to get power from a USB jack for power
purpose only, and use a second USB jack for data.  That will have a more
easy universal application, and there will be little drawback.
The normal use is for an occasional pulse of power, so the energy from a little USB charger
can charge up a capacitor and then the culture shock firing will
cause it to need to charge up again for a second or three.
If I find customers want to run it on a machine like a liquid handler robot,
I can make a version with hefty power supply to allow firing every  1/3 second
if the robot can move that fast...