[Open_electroporator] promoting culture shock progress

Mitchell Altschuler mitchellalt at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 16:31:57 UTC 2017

The e.coli test for transformation is rather easy to do if you have a wet lab and I would think is what you really want to test.  Moving dye around is nice to help see whats going on, but that is not the final goal ..

I only got Will's unit this weekend and hope to learn more about it in the next few days...

However after just a quick glance,  I am surprised that the capacitors used in this unit are so small ... other designs in the literature older papers use much larger capacitors....but I have  to catch up on how the design is similar or different to other commercial units...

In those older paper they start with  a 500v power supply .... then just add in the capacitor and a SCRs etc.  in our case I see what looks like a transformer .... and I have to see how all the components function in this device.

Thank for adding me

Mitchell

Sent from my new iPhone 7