[Open_electroporator] promoting culture shock progress

John Griessen john at cibolo.com
Tue Jul 11 16:06:06 UTC 2017

On 07/11/2017 10:10 AM, Mitchell Altschuler wrote:
> So far I need to :
> 1) re attach the Cap with solder ( important for the EP function, but not sure that is needed for get the program to function
> however)  Never used such Caps (not leads)

You could skip this step for now, and the output may just be less.  Your findings will not be recipes
others with boards with 2 caps can use well though.

> It seems like it has some strips that line up with the position on the board.  My plant is to heat a little solder on the strip on
> the board and place the  cap on top while its hot.
> If you have a better suggestion, pleas let me know...
>
> 2) Upload the files using my mac.  From reading the various texts the board is supposed to show as a USB drive.

Yes.  Drag that list of files into the directory already containing boot.py, main.py  Overwriite boot.py
from these:
https://github.com/kanzure/culture_shock/tree/master/micropython_pulser_code

> 3) from the various emails I have looked over,  I get the impression you are suggesting we will need to test the variables to
> optimize for EP.

Yes.  Yours is the first test besides me testing it firing into resistors and documenting as in attached photo

--
John Griessen
cibolo.com  Austin TX  building lab gear for biologists