[Open_electroporator] culture shock tests on live cells

John Griessen john at cibolo.com
Thu Jul 13 13:44:08 UTC 2017

On 07/13/2017 05:36 AM, Mitchell Altschuler wrote:
 > Seems like I can access a few messages about 25 in 2017,  but nothing on why you have used the circuit you designed (small and
 > compact) and why you think it should work (biologically)  relative to the original EP designs that use big voltages and large
 > capacitors.

Weaver's theory says there is no problem.  All the strict adherence to exact protocols is based on
no understanding at all.  No, you're not going to find it written anywhere that my new design id proven to work.
We are proving it to work right now.

On 07/13/2017 06:41 AM, Mitchell Altschuler wrote:

 > A transportable, inexpensive electroporator for in utero electroporation
 > Develop. Growth Differ. (2015) 57, 369–377

 > I will send one figure for your input and thoughts?

It puts our 45 volts and is only "programmable" enough to choose 9, 18, 27, 36, or 45 volts.
That will be effective with the tweezers it suggests while pinching the cells -- touching them.

Not too impressive compared to programmable 2400 volts...

The large volts allows a large separation of electrodes similar to all the
proven theory of Weaver et al.

There are plenty of recent works involving stabbing and electrocuting live animals and people.
Culture Shock is for in vitro work, and not designed like a medical device -- medical is a huge
set of safety criteria we're not talking about or it would bog down progress.  That has to be left for later,
and by someone else besides me.
--
John Griessen
cibolo.com  Austin TX  building lab gear for biologists