[Open_electroporator] Timers, PWM, low-level MCU setup

Nathan McCorkle nmz787 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 07:10:12 UTC 2017

On Mar 22, 2017 12:20 PM, "John Griessen" <john at cibolo.com> wrote:

On 03/22/2017 12:14 PM, Nathan McCorkle wrote

Can't have one without the other.  Old Bio-Rad Gene Pulsers used straight
cap discharge with the long tail, so old recipes are in line with what this
will do.

Not quite, they didn't expose the charge-up waveform to cells. I've got a
feeling it should be fine, we shall see.

Later on, if it becomes obvious that it is a benefit, I can add a switched
load

How about switching in the HV, so we shield the cells from the ramp-up,
feasible in small package or at great expense. Not trying to get ahead of
ourselves, just saying what comes to mind.

a strong FET to switch it next to GND voltage, and timing of switching

Ah, of course, more PWM.

So what is the Rigol's volts per div setting?

It should be the yellow label in the images, as the HV was the yellow trace

What are your probe test points in the circuit?

Pics here:
Http://m.imgur.com/a/Xug6u

Also I sent a hand-drawn schematic a week or two ago illustrating the
probe, 33kohm, and 1GOhm