[Open_electroporator] 1mm cuvettes?

John Griessen john at cibolo.com
Tue Sep 12 18:43:30 UTC 2017

1mm cuvettes would be handy for attempting to get a go-nogo test in as few
trials as possible, since the max volts out is about 1750 into 39 k Ohm load with a 12V DC input wall wart.

Previous tests were done with 17V lab supply and 19.5V wall warts.  The 17 volts worked great,
the 19.5V DC in is suspect of killing transistors in v0.1,
and I have a bunch of 12V supplies so am thinking of sending out v0.2 beta test units with 12V DC wall warts.

If we use a 1mm cuvette instead, that doubles the field strength so the volts can be half.
The standard short pulse volts for e. coli is something like 2200 across 2mm I think?  (Nathan said something about this).

Is my fuzzy recollection of 2200 V correct?

--
John