[Open_electroporator] pyflex_f401 v0.6 prototype #2 turn on -- USB mass storage problems

John Griessen john at cibolo.com
Sat Aug 4 17:51:55 UTC 2018

On 08/04/2018 12:44 PM, John Griessen wrote:
> Now I can get into a good startup state from soft reset, but after a hard reset,
> a soft reset is still needed.  After a good while, when the USB mass storage behavior starts, the port A GPIOs
> go bad again.

-->

A good while after hard reset, when the USB mass storage behavior starts, the port A GPIOs
go bad again, and a soft reset is needed again.

So if running fine and give a hard reset, culture shock goes into a state where high current is drawn
because the push signal is always on.  I need a work around for this.

I guess it means detecting from the running program if USB mass storage is doing something and waiting until then
to the setup chores and get the staye right with a
timers_init()
command.

Otherwise, I need to debug why  USB mass storage does this and get it fixed by the micropython devs, or stop using
USB mass storage, which is what some of the practical devs of micropython apps do

It's just cost me days of no progress again and might make me tear my hair if I had more of it :-)