[Open_electroporator] culture shock ADC and DMA

Nathan McCorkle nmz787 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 19:11:12 UTC 2018

On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 10:46 AM Nathan McCorkle <nmz787 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 27, 2018, 5:43 AM John Griessen <john at cibolo.com> wrote:
>> On 08/27/2018 05:57 AM, Nathan McCorkle wrote:
>> Some day I'll rework the use of timers so there is no interrupt happening, just timer hardware outs to other timer triggers
>> and a push and pull coming out.  Then that sequence can be slaved off another timer edge and you could let it run and get exact
>> pulse counts.
>

> Isn't that exactly what we're already doing??

re-reading, we are doing that, but using an end-of-timer signal to
drive an interrupt which re-enables the timer pulse-train again. The
timer is re-enabled with as many pulses as remain, or the max-val if
more pulses are requested than the timer can handle (128 is the max I
think before overflow).

So put another way, how would you trigger the same overflow
subtraction arithmetic at the of of the timer pulse-train, which
doesn't use interrupts? Just busy-loop (or otherwise check on a
schedule) some status register, then do your arithmetic and update the
repetition register and restart?