[Open_electroporator] Culture Shock enclosure design progress

John Griessen john at cibolo.com
Tue Dec 18 02:21:21 UTC 2018

I've been chatting when able with the developer of part-o-magic (PoM) add-on to FreeCAD and had good results today.

The usual way people use FreeCAD has many steps and lots of clicking and then you can't copy chunks of it and reuse them,
so it's crap... but, the PoM addon  aspires to greatness in reusability.  For months it's just been a promise, but today I got
results that are good by my standards -- (must be reworkable, and not so many steps and still allow constructive solid geometry
booleans and fillets to smooth edges and internal corners.)

Here's a screenshot of a minimal example where I was able to rework it after first creation, (did not need to start from
scratch.).  I was able to change position of cone shapes relative to the rest easily, as in when you design an electronics
enclosure with draft angles for mold making purposes: