[Open_electroporator] Lots of layout.

John Griessen john at cibolo.com
Sun Feb 4 01:05:59 UTC 2018

On 02/02/2018 01:24 AM, Nathan McCorkle wrote:
> Can you point to a pic of the schematics too, so we can correlate?

https://github.com/kanzure/culture_shock/blob/master/hardware_schematics_layouts/kvboard.png
https://github.com/kanzure/culture_shock/blob/master/hardware_schematics_layouts/pyflex_f401.png
https://github.com/kanzure/culture_shock/blob/master/hardware_schematics_layouts/pyflex_f401_boost.png

these were still changing during layout, so just generated and pushed those image files yesterday or so...

It
> looks like there are two crystals (X1 and X2), is that right? One for
> CPU and one for RTC/deep-sleep?

Correct.  MCU RTC running on battery all the time for time stamping purposes, (VBAT pin of STM32F401CE.

> Glad to see progress, they look a good bit different. Are C3 and C4 in
> the lower 'HV Zone' for analog signal compensation?

No, those serve as charge buckets to double the voltage of the transformer.  C1, C2 are the other charge bucket caps.

C15, C16 are "probe compensation" for getting an accurate passive probe measurement of the output voltage vs. time.

This will help understand the doubler function:
https://github.com/kanzure/culture_shock/blob/master/photos_protos_tests_simuls_sketches/sim_transformer_sample_power-1-sm.png