[Open_electroporator] Can I make PCBs at home

John Griessen john at cibolo.com
Thu Jan 18 20:16:39 UTC 2018

On 01/18/2018 01:27 PM, Andrean Andreev wrote:
> it may come hard to find all the parts in Bulgaria and some more instructions regarding stuff that may turn out to be tricky.

Yes, most parts come from China directly, not through local distributors.  They cost 2X to 6X more for many of them once in USA.
A few capacitors cost more in China though.  There is a manufacturing boom happening now and some jellybean parts are in short
supply so high priced temporarily.

  What
> should I expect as capabilities and bugs?

A v0.4 will be able to zap 1mm spacing cuvettes to get repeatable results with zap recipes tested by others
since the parts are all close tolerance, and the output will be feedback controlled soon, so calibrated.
After a shot, the USB virtual drive will have log files of ADC readings from shots with generated tag names
and timestamps for your lab notebook use.

Bugs?  there may be some - and they will be fixable by USB port also -- you can reprogram it with simple recipe
of USB serial commands from windows linux or Mac, and pushing buttons to cause flash to be loaded.

How much would that cost?

Kit of parts including pcbs will be $70 plus about $13 priority international to Bulgaria.  I will use postal shipping insurance
in case it is lost, but I have sent 100 international packages in the last 5 years and not one lost.  Once one was delayed
because a reused mailer envelope had the label damaged and the old label was partly exposed so there were 2 bar codes on it.
It moved back and forth from CA to TX several times.  I know better now though.  That shipping method uses paypal ship labels,
which have records and an export cert that I will not falsify, so any incoming customs taxes on $70USD content valuation will be
up to you.