[Open_electroporator] pyflex_f401 v0.6 prototype pcb assembly

Nathan McCorkle nmz787 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 21:47:07 UTC 2018

I just installed pcb-rnd, had to compile it first since my version of
ubuntu doesn't have a package... it was pretty fast, maybe 2 minutes.

Opening the kvboard.lht... I find that the interface is much less intuitive
than kicad, so I am not really able to determine any errors there due to my
unfamiliarity.

onto kvboard.sch, I wonder why there are two stages of transistors, i.e.
U1/U4/U5 (I know these are alternatives to each other) and Q1/Q11/Q21 (also
noted these are alternates to each other), even though the 18V is already
present after the first stage? Is it because the first stage charges up
slowly due to the greater gate/base to source/collector difference, so the
second stage acts to more-quickly 'flash' the voltage onto the coil? Making
the rise time faster?

I will look into the other files more in a bit, gotta get off the computer
for now.

--
-Nathan