[Open_electroporator] micropython is getting some stm32 updates lately

John Griessen john at cibolo.com
Tue May 1 20:40:04 UTC 2018

On 05/01/2018 01:42 PM, Nathan McCorkle wrote:
> Sounds like we might want a testing jig, maybe with pogo pins, such that we can trigger an upload and running of the code to
> program the gpio we use to toggle at some known-to-us frequency that our test rig watches for and detects (as well as perform a
> electroporation pulse train). This will ensure soldering bugs are caught, new firmware bugs are caught, the crystal is oscillating
> and PLL is setup at correct multiplier.

I like it.  We have an extra pin or three for such uses.

I have a small SWD/JTAG 10 pin connector on the board for flashing, gdb debugging if needed, and boundary scan testing.
I don't have much extra space for lands for pogo pins now, but it's a good idea.
The flat flex connectors are the flip lid kind that can take
100's of open/close cycles before having problems, so they can be part of a testing jig.

For signals not going to the 40 pins worth of flat flex connectors, a few pogo pins on lands on the bottom
could be good.  There are no components on bottom yet, and none planned.

--
John Griessen
cibolo.com blog.kitmatic.com Austin TX  building lab gear for biologists