[Open_electroporator] pyflex_f401 v0.5 prototype makes pulses.

John Griessen john at cibolo.com
Tue May 29 00:35:43 UTC 2018

Today I've been changing things in the kvboard to try and not have as much over shooting, but there is still plenty.
Maybe just adding lots of extra HV capacitance will smooth it out, but ideally we'd like to be able to pulse faster.
The pulser code can't go very fast.  Some day it would be improved by using hard-connected timer chaining instead of
interrupt driven timer chaining.

This last photo shows a fairly decent result:

https://www.cibolo.com/docs/kvboard_pyflex_f401_v0.5_tests-6.jpg

I can add more reservoir capacitance to keep the switcher DC input voltage from sagging so much -- it goes from a start at
18.5V down to about 12.5V when the pulse train turns off.

More petite details:

https://www.cibolo.com/docs/kvboard_pyflex_f401_v0.5_tests-5.jpg

https://www.cibolo.com/docs/kvboard_pyflex_f401_v0.5_tests-4.jpg
https://www.cibolo.com/docs/kvboard_pyflex_f401_v0.5_tests-3.jpg
https://www.cibolo.com/docs/kvboard_pyflex_f401_v0.5_tests-2.jpg
https://www.cibolo.com/docs/kvboard_pyflex_f401_v0.5_tests-1.jpg

Looks ready to test with, so I'll package it up.

As we get testing on cell suspensions, a good code method will be to chain different pulse trains together.
Go from using a(69,22,10) to a(79,22,10) to a(99,22,10) without any delay between...
That will counteract sag.  The overshoot at first bothers me, but really, do we know it is bad for a cell suspension?

Normal classical zapping with cap discharge  spiky curves shooting up then exponential decay is like that anyway...

Ours has a start like normal classical, then a plateau of programmable length.

Probably good for yield.

John