[Open_electroporator] pyflex_f401 v0.5 prototype (and previous versions) makes pulses at 100kHz -- no faster.

John Griessen john at cibolo.com
Tue May 29 14:40:00 UTC 2018

On 05/28/2018 08:44 PM, Nathan McCorkle wrote:
> There aren't any interrupts involved as far as the software/firmware goes as far as I know.

OK good.  I don't know what is keeping that code from making any pulses shorter than about 10 microseconds width then.

This is not a super urgent thing now, since the hardware is not capable of going any faster either.

This could be one reason why the hardware can't go faster without voltage falling -- the fall time of
the main switcher FET gate drive is long compared to the rise time:

https://www.cibolo.com/docs/kvboard_pyflex_f401_v0.5_tests-1.jpg
the GPIO output is signal on bottom, gate drive signal downstream from it is top.