[Open_electroporator] Determining resistance before pulsing

John Griessen john at cibolo.com
Sat Nov 17 21:34:39 UTC 2018

On 9/11/18 2:42 PM, Nathan McCorkle wrote:
>> The 30k or 40k total load resistors soldered on the output need to be taken
>> off first,
> Why do they need removed? I would like to use the 30kOhm load resistor
> as a standard to calibrate the resistance measurement

That is how old gene-pulsers are normally used -- with a load resistor in parallel with the sample.
A drawback of leaving 30kOhms in there is the design is for 30k Ohms max or the voltage droops.
So, we could leave in 15 k Ohms and a sample resistance of 15k Ohms or higher would work to full voltage.