[Open_electroporator] culture shock v0.7 prototype build

Nathan McCorkle nmz787 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 23:00:30 UTC 2018

On Mon, Sep 10, 2018 at 1:56 PM, John Griessen <john at cibolo.com> wrote:
> I've got some improved "grey box" enclosures

Looking good!

I haven't done any more work on my script to generate CAD for a simple
laser-cut enclosure... my off-time the past week was recreating these
persistence of vision demos using an FPGA:
https://hackaday.com/2018/08/31/max1000-tutorial-is-quite-persistent/
https://hackaday.com/2018/09/06/fpga-pov-toy-gets-customized/

The Lattice ICE line has an open toolchain... but I think they're
still a few dollars each so not the cheapest... that said I wonder if
programming one of them would be a better way to pulse the coil than
using the CPU and timers. I am a complete beginner with FPGAs and RTL
programming, though I've been fond of it for almost a decade... so I
can't estimate how long an effort like that would take. Maybe on the
next project that needs specific timings instead of this one... or on
some future revision, far off from now. We've got a really good system
now I think.

I will order some OLED screens and have them shipped directly to you.