[Open_fablab_architecture] Community Visualization

Dr. Peter Troxler trox at fabfolk.com
Thu Oct 30 02:17:47 PDT 2014

On 30 Oct 2014, at 00:14, Roberto Carrasco <roberticli at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have been working in a visualization of what I call the FabLab Territory. The idea is to make visible the network of connections and the virtual spaces that are already created, so we don't overlap each others. At the end it should be a document with a good collection of diferent groups and communities interrelated on internet and in "real life".
>
> First I created a sketch, which I'm not sure if it's 100%correct, but it's very accurate to the reallity,
> <Mapa Territorio Híbrido.jpg>

very interesting diagram ... and it won't be 100% correct ever, so don't worry about this
however, there is 1 error: fablabconnect should be linked to the fabfoundation, not the cba

further, there should be a link between fab research and international fablab association (that's less obvious from the outside, so I would not call it an error)

what I am missing, is the national/supra-national associations like the latin american fablab network, the iberian network, the Asian network, the Benelux Fab Lab foundation etc. that operate between the foundation and the "map"