[Viking-gauge] I will probably have some parts shopping time soon

John Griessen john at cibolo.com
Fri Nov 20 08:47:52 PST 2015

I have to work only on a main engineering project of mine right now, but there's some
completion of that and maybe I'll dig into looking for suppliers with holiday time coming up.

Two ways I see to make a gauge:

1.  specify a washer to Boker's Washer company.

2.   buy precision thickness sheet metal from an Asian supplier,
      then cut it to custom shape (washer-like)

then...
find nut and machine screw parts to hold the "washer", or perhaps standoffs.
standoffs are an old fashioned thing since it is laborious to assemble things
onto them -- they're a rod with threaded holes in ends --
not sure it makes sense for today prices, but will ask.

finally...make sure the washer part is flat so it will spin and slip like the originals.
That could take annealing if the material is wrong, else just squeezing in a clamp.

John Griessen