[Open_electroporator] flyback pulser parts, sketch, pulse shaping ideas

John Griessen john at industromatic.com
Mon Nov 11 02:33:25 UTC 2013

Here's a little more added to my sketch:
http://ecosensory.com/diybio/flyback-porator-pulser-2.png

The freewheel diode keeps the volts on the transformer input from shooting up so high as to kill
the transistor, power supply, and operator...

The thick dashed line is the HV vs. low V dividing line.  No wires allowed. Separate ground too,
that is used with a clip lead to your bench sink near where the HV electroporator cuvette
insulating holder is used.  No path for HV back to power supply, which might also be connected
to a USB port...  USP ports used for data can supply 100mA at 5V without any negotiation over it.
100mA at 5V is probably enough to do electroporation in many cases, so I keep that in the back of my head.