[Open_electroporator] Why a flyback pulser ?

John Griessen john at industromatic.com
Tue Nov 12 15:28:18 UTC 2013

On 11/12/2013 08:27 AM, John Griessen wrote:
> On 11/12/2013 06:58 AM, Nathan McCorkle wrote:
>> The opto-isolation is for sending i2c/spi/serial
>> voltage readings right?

For a first version, skipping the 2nd microcontroller and feedback control of
voltage would be fine.  Can do that later.

There could still be some several pulse wave-shapes without feedback.  Calibrating them
could be done with an external measurement test point to put a scope on.  Scopes
have decent protection isolation.

Future versions could add the2nd micro and have more long wave shapes possible.
Testing could show that my fear of the HV ratcheting higher and higher is unfounded.
There could be some analog method that's cheap to bleed off excess HV and keep it in line also.

Limiting the HV would have less complexity than controlling it.