[Open_electroporator] Open ultrasound imaging project/ electroporator

Nathan McCorkle nmz787 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 05:53:13 UTC 2016

John,
re: "Pulse shape will have to be arrived at by trial and error, using
external observations with oscilloscopes"

the STM32F030CCT6 includes an ADC which looks like it has a typical
sampling time of ~5 microseconds (when using the internal voltage
reference of ~1.2 V) which should be about 200 kHz, which seems more
than adequate. I would really like to capture have the ability to
capture the waveform. Even if it was just for some sort of
future-thought-out self-calibration, or some kind of non-USB storage
solution (MMC protocol for micro SD, RAM until plugged into USB to
dump, etc). I guess in addition to a resistor divider, an op-amp would
be needed to act as an programmable-gain-amplifier (PGA) using
filtered PWM as the set point (base-lining the amp setting might be
done just after pressing the 'zap' button, but before starting the
zap). I wonder if a micropython-supported MCU with a built-in PGA
already exists.

and re: the enclosure and keeping fingers and random stuff from
getting zapped, I've used this style where you have to place the
cuvette into the end of a wand, then push that wand down a horizontal
tube too long for the average finger, where it press-fits into some
spring steel (or spring-loaded metal) contacts (the HV).
http://labrecyclers.com/pics/3926_8.jpg

--
-Nathan